Knit from the bottom up, this hat works up very quickly in the round.
- US size 6 needles to work in the round (I used magic loop, but do whatever you prefer)
- small amount of sport-weight yarn
- stitch marker
- tapestry needle for weaving in ends
- 5.5 sts and 9 rows equals 1 inch
- K- knit
- P- purl
- K2tog- knit two stitches together
- CO- cast on
- PM- place marker
CO 70 sts. PM and join to work in the round, being careful not to twist.
Rnd 1: K
Rnd 2: P
Repeat rnds 1-2 once more.
Rnd 5: *K6, P1* around.
Repeat rnd 5 until piece measures 3.75 inches from the cast-on.
Next: Purl two rnds.
Rnd 1: *K5, K2tog* around.
Rnd 2 and all even rounds: Knit.
Rnd 3: *K4, K2tog* around.
Rnd 5: *K3, K2tog* around.
Rnd 7: *K2, K2tog* around.
Rnd 9: *K1, K2tog* around.
Rnd 11: *K2tog* around (10 sts remain)
Rnd 13: *K2tog* around (5 sts remain)
Here you can either cut yarn and thread through remaining sts, or work a 5-stitch i-cord for 5 rounds. When you're done with the i-cord, cut yarn and thread through the remaining sts. Pull tight to close. Using tapestry needle, weave in ends.